Friday, February 21, 2014

Homemade Hot Chocolate!

We love hot chocolate at our house. I am not a huge fan of the boxed stuff (the kids like it), and we don't always have it around. I always make homemade for myself just because I like it better. Warning: once you go homemade, you will never go back!

HOMEMADE HOT CHOCOLATE:

1 cup milk or water (I use almond milk)
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp water
1/2 tsp vanilla
cinnamon to taste
small marshmallows (optional)

In a small saucepan, heat milk or water on  medium heat. In another saucepan, heat sugar, cocoa, water, vanilla and cinnamon on medium heat. Stir until melted. (It won't take long). When mixture has melted, pour into saucepan with milk or water and mix. When it has come to your desired heat, pour into a cup, add marshmallows and enjoy! 
So simple and so good. Also, if you are a coffee drinker, the cocoa mixture is amazing as an addition to coffee, or even for homemade chocolate milk. You can refrigerate it and it will keep just like store bought chocolate syrup! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

People that love me: